Scipio's Chamber

This chamber, along with the bedchamber and the antechamber, were private quarters for the Duke in the 1st floor. This specific area may be accessed by three doors: one that leads to the ground floor, another that connects to the Great Hall and a 3rd leading to the antechamber.

The name given to the chamber for in 1959, the Ducal Palace added to its Collection a beautiful collection of Tapestries with the ‘History of Scipio’, which were woven in Brussels, in the second quarter of the 17th century, in the Workshop of the Weaver Andries van den Dries. Composed of four Tapestries, the different scenes illustrate the Second Punic War, in the 3rd century b.C.