The mission of the Educational Services of the Ducal Palace and Guimarães Castle is to bond with the community so that the discovery of our monuments constitutes as a learning challenge. To this end, we develop a set of pedagogic and cultural activities aiming at the various age groups with differentiated objective. The Educational Services thoroughly designs diversified, spirited and pedagogic activities, destined to the various school grades, always in articulation with the teachers, as well as to the most diverse groups that visit us, wishing an in-depth look of the spaces we host.
Our objectives are:
• Unveiling the Monuments at our care, their historical value and their collections;
• Promoting a taste for heritage and its appreciation and preservation;
• Creating social and cultural experiences;
• Contributing to knowledge of our National Monuments.
In order to achieve our objectives, the Educational Services have defined as target audiences the following:
- School Groups
Collaborating with teachers / educators in preparing their visits in order to stimulate the teaching of discovery, creativity and critical sense in students;
- Senior Citizens
Contributing to a lifetime education;
In order to strengthen intergenerational relations between parents, children, grandparents through exploration activities;
- Groups with specific requests
In accordance with the objectives set.